Friday, March 20, 2009

WHO GOD SAYS I AM IN JESUS CHRIST The Christian's Identity Faith Shield

  • In Jesus Christ, God's child for I am born again of the incorruptible seed of the Word of God which liveth and abideth forever. I Peter 1:23

  • Through Jesus Christ, able to endure hardship as a good soldier of Jesus Christ. 2 Timothy 2:3

  • In Jesus Christ, forgiven of all my sins and washed in His shed Blood. Eph 1:7; Heb 9:14; Col 1:14; I John 2:12, I John 1:9

  • Through Jesus Christ, I have eternal life. John 3:36

  • Through Jesus Christ, I have passed from death into life. John 5:24

  • Through Jesus Christ, out of my innermost being will flow rivers of living water. John 7:38

  • Through Jesus Christ, the truth shall set me free. John 8:31-32

  • Through Jesus Christ, if I ask what God has promised, in Jesus name, He will do it. (As long as it is the Father's will for me, of course. What we can miss in reading John Chapters 14 & 15 is that God desires above all things that we make it our number one purpose as Christians to strive to allow the Holy Spirit to grow Christ-like fruit in our lives. [See: Galatians 5:22-24 to know what these "fruits" are]. Because God above all else is looking for Christ-like character growth in our lives, we sometimes struggle wondering WHY God doesn't grant us whatever we ask of Him. Though many will disagree with me, which is their right, I have yet to find one ironclad guarantee in the Bible that will motivate God to answer every prayer I pray the way I want Him to answer it. God desires that we have confidence when we pray to Him, but He also desires that we honor Him by our acknowledging that we accept however He responds to our prayers, simply because He's the only one who knows all things, understands all things, and knows what is BEST for each of us at any given time, and for others we pray for). John 14:14; John 15:7-8

  • I am in Jesus Christ, and Jesus Christ is in me. John 14:20

  • In Jesus Christ and through Jesus Christ, peace is mine. John 14:27

  • In and through Jesus Christ, I am loved by the Father. John 16:27

  • In Jesus Christ, I belong to God. I am His. John 17:9

  • In Jesus Christ, I am protected from the evil one. John 17:15 (As I implement Ephesians 6:10-18. This is not to assume I am exempt from demonic attacks. The Apostle Paul wasn't, and he is the one the Holy Spirit used to write the book of Ephesians, among other Books where Paul speaks of the persecution of Satan he faced through the religious people who opposed Jesus. The Apostle Peter also experienced spiritual warfare, which fully qualified him to write by unction of God the Holy Spirit: "Be sober, be alert, because your adversary, the devil walks about like a roaring lion, seeking whom he may devour." [See: 1 Peter 5:8]. Peter is not writing this to the unsaved. He is writing it to the Body of Christ, the Church - born again believers. As the balanced counsel goes forth from mature believers: Christians are never to fear what Satan can do them, but neither are they ever to become complacent, nor ignorant of his devices and strategies to rob them of their peace and joy and life (love for God) in Christ Jesus).

  • Through Jesus Christ, I am being sanctified by the truth of God's Word (as I believe it and obey it). John 17:17

  • I am in Jesus Christ and loved by the Father. John 17:23

  • In Jesus Christ, I have forgiveness of sins through Christ. Acts 13:38; 1 John 1:9

  • In Christ, I am among the called of Jesus Christ. Romans 1:6

  • In Christ, I am beloved of God, called to be a saint. Romans 1:7

  • In and through Jesus Christ, I have been justified by faith, and I have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ. Romans 5:1

  • Through Jesus Christ, I am saved solely by God's grace and the faith God gives me to trust Him for my salvation. Beyond trusting, there is absolutely nothing I could possibly do to earn that salvation, nor must I ever think that I somehow deserve this salvation. Salvation is the gift of God, from God. Ephesians 2:8

  • In and through Jesus Christ, I have perseverance, character and hope, when I purpose to glory in my tribulations, (rather than constantly complain about them, or become angry and bitter at God for allowing them to happen to me, which is what demonic spirits serving Satan delights seeing happen to you and I!) Romans 5:3-4 [Here is a writing that helps to explain the crucial importance of dealing with suffering and hardship correctly that is highly recommended reading: http://www.precious-testimonies.com/WeeklyEncouragerArchives/AcquiringPeace.htm ]

  • Through Jesus Christ, the love of God has been poured out in my heart through Jesus' death. Romans 5:5

  • In Jesus Christ, I will eventually reign in life through the obedience of Christ Jesus to the Father. Romans 5:17

  • In Jesus Christ, I have been made righteous through the obedience of Christ. Romans 5:19; 2 Corinthians 5:21

  • Through Jesus Christ, because I have been given the righteousness Christ had and has, I now am commanded of God to diligently strive daily to live up to this righteousness that Christ secured for me. (Not giving into temptations to sin, in other words, walking in obedience to the Word of Truth). 1 Timothy 6:11; 2 Timothy 2:22

  • In Jesus Christ, I died with Christ when He died. Therefore I have Christ's power in me to help me stop sinning. I have the right to appropriate this power to conquer areas of sin in my life, for it is clearly God's will that I stop sinning. Romans 6:2

  • In and through Jesus Christ, because Christ rose from the dead, I have been raised from the spiritually dead to walk in newness of spiritual life through Christ. Romans 6:4

  • Through Jesus Christ, I no longer need to be a slave to sin, because God has given me His power in Christ to became a vessel to holiness and obedience. Romans 6:6

  • In Jesus Christ and through the strength and power of Christ, I AM an overcomer. Philippians 4:13; 2 Corinthians 12:9-10

  • In my own strength and own power, I can accomplish nothing that pleases God. John 15:5

  • Through Jesus Christ, what I purpose to do daily is seek the help of the Holy Spirit to help me understand when I am sinning; help me understand why God doesn't want me committing that sin; and then help me overcome that sin(s) in my life. Romans 8:13

  • In Jesus Christ, I am not under law, but under grace. Before Christ died for sinners on the cross, I was under the law. To be saved, I was to try to obey the 10 commandments (which the Bible says no one can do, though Christ did). After Christ died for sinners on the cross, I was under grace. Under grace, I no longer had to try to obey the 10 commandments to become saved, but rather, trust that Christ paid full penalty for all my sins, taking my full punishment for them. And because I'm now under grace, I realize there is nothing to lose and everything to gain by my keeping the Ten Commandments, but without the resurrection power that is imparted to us in Christ and by the help of the Holy Spirit, we won't be able to faithfully obey the Ten Commandments anyway for very long. Yet I must always remember lest the devil try to deceive me as the book of Galatians addresses, trying to keep the 10 commandments will not, and will never, save me from my sins, nor will it save anyone else. Neither will restoring any daily sacrifice as was practiced in Old Testament times by the Jews save me or anyone else from my or their sins. Romans 6:14; Galatians 5:18

  • I once was a slave to sin before I was saved, but now that I am secure in my salvation in Christ, I desire to be a slave of righteousness (addicted to righteousness; right-relationship with God, in other words). Romans 6:18

  • In Jesus Christ, I have now no condemnation because of who I am in Christ, (though I BETTER have Holy Spirit conviction when I've offended God, because all sin offends God.) Romans 8:1

  • Through Jesus Christ, I have been set free from the law of sin and of death. Romans 8:2

  • In Jesus Christ, I have spiritual life in my mortal body through His Spirit who indwells me. Romans 8:11

  • In Christ Jesus, I am a child of God. (When I wasn't in Christ Jesus, I was a child of Satan). Romans 8:16

  • Through Christ, I am an heir of God and fellow heir with Christ. Romans 8:17

  • In Jesus Christ, all things are working ultimately together for my good, as I walk in God's purposes and His will, in love. Romans 8:28; 1 John 5:3

  • In and through Jesus Christ, I have been justified and glorified in the mind of God, and I now strive to walk in obedience to the Word of Truth to glorify the One (Jesus Christ) who secured my justification and glorification. Romans 8:30

  • Through Jesus Christ, I have a measure of faith. Romans 12:3

  • In Jesus Christ, I have been given gifts, though I also know that I'm to desire supernatural gifts at all times imparted by the Holy Spirit, to glorify God. Romans 12:6; 1 Corinthians 14:1

  • In and through Jesus Christ, I am to desire spiritual gifts, but diligently PURSUE love, because it was love that motivated and keeps motivating God to pursue me and you. 1 Corinthians 14:1

  • In and through Jesus Christ, whether I live or die, I am the Lord's. Romans 14:8

  • In Jesus Christ, I am a sanctified saint, (but living it out daily is a different matter, though it is God's will that I eagerly strive to do so, with the help of the Holy Spirit and God's Word!) I Cor. 1:2

  • In and through Jesus Christ, I have been given the grace of God. I Cor. 1:4

  • In Jesus Christ, I have been enriched in every way. I Cor. 1:5

  • In Jesus Christ, I am called into fellowship with God. I Cor. 1:9

  • In Jesus Christ, I qualify to be given wisdom, righteousness, sanctification, and redemption. I Cor. 1:30

  • Because of the death, burial and resurrection of Jesus Christ and my choice to identify with Him, I have been given God's Spirit so I can understand what God has freely given. I Cor. 2:12

  • Through Jesus Christ, I am God's fellow worker, I am God's field, God's building. I Cor. 3:9

  • In Jesus Christ, I am a temple of God in which the Spirit of God indwells, though I also realize that I can grieve the Spirit of God by giving place to ongoing sin...disobedience...teaching false doctrine...twisting scriptures out of context and/or proper scripture application. (Grieving the Holy Spirit for any length of time almost always brings chastisement and discipline upon us, which is always painful to one degree or another). I Cor. 3:16; Ephesians 4:30

  • In Jesus Christ, I am a holy temple of God (but my flesh is likened to an unholy temple where demons frequent when I continue in sin!) I Cor. 3:17

  • Through Jesus Christ, I am one spirit with God's Spirit, (though my flesh begs to differ far too often!) I Cor. 6:17

  • In Jesus Christ, my body is a temple of the Holy Spirit who is in me, and because God says it is His temple, I strive to make it a holy temple daily through the help of Christ's strength in me to walk in the Spirit rather than the flesh. However, as a word of caution, no matter how much a person conquers areas of sin in their life, this is not, nor will it ever, be what saves them from their sins. BELIEVING what Christ accomplished for us on the cross is what saves us. Nothing less. Nothing more. I Cor. 6:19

  • Through Jesus Christ, I have been bought with a price, and I desire to honor God with my body, (which encompasses my spirit, my soul, and my physical body). I Cor. 6:20

  • Through Jesus Christ, I am Christ's slave (though I'm not so arrogant nor naive to believe that my selfish and fleshly carnal nature has been stripped fully of its power to keep me from being a slave to it's sinful desires, which is why I need to daily purpose to walk in the Spirit, so I don't fulfill the lusts of my flesh). I Cor. 7:22; Galatians 5:16-17

  • Through Jesus Christ, I will be raised from the dead imperishable. I Cor. 15:52

  • Through Jesus Christ, I will put on immortality. I Cor. 15:53

  • In Jesus Christ, I am comforted by God, so I can comfort others. 2 Cor. 1:4

  • Through Jesus Christ, I am delivered from the peril of spiritual death, providing I'm willing to give my ALL to God in obedience to maintain my deliverance. 2 Cor. 1:10

  • In and through Jesus Christ, He anointed me, and put His seal of ownership on me. 2 Cor. 1:22

  • In Jesus Christ, I am a fragrance of Christ to God among both the saved and the lost, as I behave like Christ would behave. 2 Cor. 2:15

  • In Christ, I am a letter of Christ being written. 2 Cor. 3:3

  • Through Christ, I am a minister of the new covenant of the Spirit of life. 2 Cor. 3:6

  • Through Christ, I am being transformed into the likeness of the Lord Jesus ever increasingly with glory from God the Father by the help of the Holy Spirit as I walk in obedience to His Word of Truth. 2 Cor. 3:18

  • In Jesus Christ, I have received mercy, and do not lose heart through Christ who strengthens me and by the help of the Holy Spirit. 2 Cor. 4:1

  • Through Jesus Christ, I have the Holy Spirit in my body. 2 Cor. 4:7

  • Through Jesus Christ, the life of Jesus is manifested in my body, as I diligently work in cooperation with the Holy Spirit to help me. 2 Cor. 4:10 See: Romans 8:13

  • Through Jesus Christ, my inner man is being renewed day by day. 2 Cor. 4:16

  • In Jesus Christ, I have a house not made with hands, eternal in the heavens. 2 Cor. 5:1

  • Through Jesus Christ, I live by faith, not by sight. (That is, I live by faith in God's wisely applied promises in His Word, and any rhema word(s) God has imparted to me. Otherwise I may be living by presumption and/or assumption without even knowing, which can give demons an open door to trip me up). 2 Cor. 5:7

  • In Jesus Christ, I am a new spiritual creation; old things have passed away, and all things have become new. 2 Cor. 5:17

  • Through Jesus Christ, I am reconciled to God, and I have been given the ministry of reconciliation. 2 Cor. 5:18

  • Through Jesus Christ, I am an ambassador for Christ, imploring people to be reconciled to God. 2 Cor. 5:20

  • In Jesus Christ, I am the righteousness of God. 2 Cor. 5:21

  • Through Jesus Christ, I have grace from God so I can abound in every good work. 2 Cor. 9:8

  • In the love of God, I am Christ's. 2 Cor. 10:7

  • Through God's love and mercy and grace, Jesus Christ is in me. 2 Cor. 13:5

  • I am crucified with Jesus Christ, as the Apostle Paul was qualified to state, so I too in Christ want to be able to confidently proclaim this. I no longer live but Christ lives in me, and the life that I live now, I live by faith in Christ." Gal. 2:20

  • I am a son of God through faith in Christ Jesus. Gal. 3:26

  • I am one in Christ Jesus with all believers. Gal. 3:28

  • I belong to Jesus Christ. I am an heir through Christ according to the promise. Gal. 3:29

  • In Jesus Christ and through Jesus Christ, I am a son of God. Gal. 4:6

  • Through Jesus Christ, I am no longer a slave, but a son; and if a son, then an heir through God. Gal. 4:7

  • Through Jesus Christ, I have grace and peace. Eph. 1:2

  • In Jesus Christ, I am blessed with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly places. No matter how difficult life may have been for me up to this point, or how difficult it might get in the future ... nothing changes the fact that I am blessed with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly places. Once I'm in "heavenly places," my faith will become sight - halleluiah! Eph. 1:3

  • Through Jesus Christ, I am chosen in Him. Eph. 1:4

  • In and through Christ Jesus, I am holy and blameless in God's sight. Eph. 1:4

  • I am a son through Jesus Christ. Eph. 1:5

  • In the beloved (Christ) I am accepted by God the Father unconditionally, which also means that I am loved unconditionally by God the Father in the beloved (Christ). Eph. 1:6

  • Through Jesus Christ I have redemption and forgiveness. Eph. 1:7

  • Through Jesus Christ I have obtained an inheritance. Eph. 1:11

  • I have been sealed in Jesus Christ with the promised Holy Spirit. Eph. 1:13

  • I am seated positionally with Jesus Christ in the heavenlies because of all that Christ accomplished for me by His going to the cross; fully realizing how secure I am in my relationship with God, but again, in and through Christ. Eph. 1:20

  • In Jesus Christ, I am loved by God, and because I am loved by God, I demonstrate my love for Him and others by earnestly striving to keep His New Testament (New Covenant) commandments. Yet keeping God's commandments does not motivate God to love me more. In Christ, I have all of God the Father's unconditional love. Obeying God's New Testament commandments will bring God's increased favor one way or the other, not His love. Eph. 2:4; 1 John 5:3

  • Through Jesus Christ, I have been made alive together with Christ. Eph. 2:5

  • In Jesus Christ, I have every right to feel confidently secure that I have been raised with Him and seated with Him in the heavenly places. Eph. 2:6

  • Through Jesus Christ, I have been saved from my sins by grace through faith -- this salvation of His forgiveness for my sins is a gift of God. Eph. 2:8

  • In and through Jesus Christ, I am God's workmanship created for good works. Eph. 2:10

  • I have been brought near to God by the (shed) blood of Christ. Eph. 2:13

  • Jesus Christ is my peace because He is at peace with the Father and the Holy Spirit, and He IS peace personified. Eph. 2:14

  • Through Jesus Christ I have access in one Spirit to the Father. Eph. 2:18

  • In Jesus Christ, I am no longer a stranger and alien, but I am a fellow citizen with the saints. Eph. 2:19

  • In Jesus Christ, I am a fellow heir and fellow member of the body of Christ. Eph. 3:6

  • In and through Jesus Christ, I am a fellow partaker of the promises of God. Eph. 3:6

  • In Jesus Christ and through faith in Him, we have boldness and confident access to God the Father. Eph. 3:12

  • Through Christ Jesus, I am strengthened with power through His Spirit in my inner man. Eph. 3:16

  • Through Jesus Christ, I have a power source within me which is able to do abundantly beyond all that I ask or think. Eph. 3:20

  • In and through Jesus Christ, I have been given grace. Eph. 4:7

  • In Jesus Christ, I have been forgiven, so I forgive others through the strength (ability) Christ provides when I need it. Eph. 4:32; Phil. 4:13

  • Through Jesus Christ, I am confident that He who began a good work in me will perfect it until the day (return) of Christ Jesus. Phil. 1:6

  • Through Jesus Christ, God is at work within me both to will and to work for His good pleasure. Phil. 2:13

  • Through Christ Jesus my Savior and Lord, I am a spiritual light in the world. Phil. 2:15

  • In Jesus Christ, the peace of God guards my heart and mind as I pray with thanksgiving in everything. Phil. 4:6,7

  • In Jesus Christ, I can do all things through Jesus Christ who strengthens me. (In accordance with the Father's will, of course) Phil. 4:13

  • In Jesus Christ, God shall supply all my needs (not necessarily all my wants) according to His riches in glory. Phil. 4:19

  • In Jesus Christ, the Father has qualified me to share in the inheritance of the saints in the kingdom of light. Col. 1:12

  • In and through Jesus Christ, I have been delivered from the domain of darkness and transferred to the kingdom of His beloved Son. Col. 1:13

  • In and through Christ Jesus, I have redemption and the forgiveness of sins. Col. 1:14

  • Jesus Christ is in me, the hope of glory. Col. 1:27

  • In Jesus Christ I have already been made complete, yet until I reach heaven, I'm to live UP to that completeness! Col. 2:10

  • In Jesus Christ I have been buried with Him in baptism. In and through Christ I have been raised up with Him through faith. Col. 2:12

  • In Jesus Christ, I have been made spiritually alive together with Him. Col. 2:13

  • Through Jesus Christ, all my sin debt was paid in full at the cross. Col. 2:14

  • I have been raised with Jesus Christ, and I set my heart on things above (things that are most important to God). I have died (to my carnal, fleshly sinful nature), and my life (whatever pleases the Father) is hidden with Christ in God. Col. 3:1-3

  • Through Jesus Christ, I have put on the new self, which is being renewed in knowledge in the image of the Creator. Col. 3:10

  • I am rescued by Jesus Christ from the coming wrath of God that will be poured out upon Earth. I Thess. 1:10

  • Through Jesus Christ, I am taught by God to love others (treat others the way I want to be treated, in other words). I Thess. 4:9

  • I will meet the Lord Jesus in the air and be with Him forever. I Thess. 4:17

  • I am loved by the Lord. God has chosen me in Christ from the beginning for salvation through sanctification by the Spirit and faith in the truth. 2 Thess. 2:13

  • The faithful Lord will strengthen and protect me from the evil one because of who I am in Jesus Christ (but I must also use my Ephesians 6:10-18 weapons of warfare that God has given me to use...not to let them sit in some dark corner of a closet to collect dust.) 2 Thess. 3:3

  • In and through Jesus Christ, I have been called to eternal life. I Tim. 6:12

  • Because of who I am in Jesus Christ, God has not given me a spirit of fear, but of power and love and a sound mind -- which happens to be nothing less than the very mind of Christ. 2 Tim. 1:7; 1 Cor. 2:16

  • The Lord has saved me and called me to a holy life, not according to my works, but according to His own purpose and grace which was granted me in Christ Jesus for all eternity. 2 Tim. 1:9

  • I am convinced that He is able to guard what I have entrusted to Him until that day (He returns to earth) because of what God secured for me in and through Christ Jesus the Word. 2 Tim. 1:12

  • Because of what Jesus Christ accomplished for me at the cross, The Holy Spirit dwells in me. 2 Tim. 1:14

  • In His love for me, He has purposed to redeem me from every lawless deed and purified me for His own possession as I purpose to walk in obedience to His commandments, yet knowing full well I may fall short of doing that from time to time. Titus 2:14

  • The Holy Spirit has been poured out upon me richly through Jesus Christ my Savior. Titus 3:6

  • I have been justified by His grace in Christ and made an heir through Christ in having the hope of eternal life. Titus 3:7

  • Through the help of the Holy Spirit, I fix my thoughts on Jesus (what is important to Him), the apostle and high priest who I confess. Heb. 3:1

  • Through Jesus Christ, I am a house of Jesus Christ. Heb. 3:6

  • I have become a partaker of Christ through the divine will of the Father. Heb. 3:14

  • As God has rested from His work, I have rested from my works (not trying to somehow be "good enough" to earn salvation (forgiveness for my sins), in other words, or be "worthy enough" to receive salvation), knowing that in Christ, I can feel secure that all the work necessary was accomplished by Christ on the cross to qualify me to stand in the presence of my Holy God this very moment without fear of eternal condemnation. Heb. 4:10

  • Through Jesus Christ, I have a great high priest who has passed through the heavens. Heb. 4:14

  • Through Jesus Christ, I have a high priest who can sympathize with my weaknesses. Heb. 4:15

  • In and through Jesus Christ, I can approach the throne of grace with confidence, so I may receive mercy and find grace to help me in my time of need. Heb. 4:16

  • In Jesus Christ, I have been made holy through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once for all. (Although I realize that as long as I'm on this planet prior to Christ's physical return, the sanctifying work of the Holy Spirit will be ongoing in my life). Heb. 10:10

  • Through Jesus Christ, my heart has been sprinkled clean from an evil conscience and my body washed with pure water. Heb. 10:22

  • Because of Jesus Christ, I have a great cloud of witnesses surrounding me who are also in Christ. Heb. 12:1

  • Because I belong to Christ Jesus, God disciplines me for my good that I may share His holiness (this is referred to as the sanctifying work of the Holy Spirit). Positionally, in Christ, I have already been made holy and righteous. Because of that truth, I am now to pursue holiness and righteousness, seeking to imitate the character of Jesus Christ in every way - daily. Heb. 12:10; 2 Cor. 5:21

  • In Jesus Christ, I have received a kingdom which cannot be shaken, and I am thankful and worship God. Heb. 12:28

  • Because of the security I have in and through Jesus Christ, God will never desert me nor forsake me. Heb. 13:5 (Although I realize I'm not exempt from God's testing, and the test of feeling forsaken is perhaps the most difficult test to go through, though God strongly desires that we pass it.) Heb 13:5

  • Through the sacrifice Jesus Christ gave for my sins on the cross, I am made holy through Jesus' own blood shed on the cross. (Although I have not obtained a state of sinlessness either; until I receive my glorified body, I'm still fully capable of sinning). Heb. 13:12

  • Jesus has equipped me in every good thing to do His will, working in me that which is pleasing in His sight because I have chosen to identify with Him. Heb. 13:21

  • In Jesus Christ, God generously and without reproach gives to me wisdom if I ask Him, but I must be patient to get it sometimes, and I must be willing to seek Godly counsel from others at times or it may not be given to me. James 1:5

  • In Jesus Christ, God has promised to me the crown of life when I persevere under trial. James 1:12

  • In His great mercy, I have been born again into a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead. I Peter 1:3

  • In and through Jesus Christ, I have obtained an inheritance which can never perish, spoil, or fade away, reserved in heaven for me. I Peter 1:4

  • I am protected by the power of God through faith until the coming of the salvation that is ready to be revealed in the last time because of who I am in Christ. I Peter 1:5

  • Because He is holy, I am holy. (Positionally speaking, I am holy in Jesus Christ, which was given me as part of the eternal gift of salvation, accomplished on the cross for me by Christ. Experientially, I must strive daily with the Holy Spirit to not give in to sinful temptation). 1 Peter 1:16

  • I was not redeemed with perishable things like silver or gold but with the precious blood of Christ, a lamb without blemish or defect. I Peter 1:18-19

  • I have been born again in and through Jesus Christ, not of seed which is perishable but imperishable, that is, through the living and abiding Word of God. I Peter 1:23

  • In Jesus Christ, I am a chosen race, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a person for God's own possession, that I may proclaim the excellencies of Him who has called me out of (spiritual) darkness into His marvelous light. I Peter 2:9

  • In Jesus Christ, I am part of the family of God, and I have received mercy. I Peter 2:10

  • Through Christ Jesus, and by His wounds I am healed (the day He went to the cross for you and I and received the punishment for our sins), and have every right to trust Him for healing. This promise first addresses my Spiritual relationship with God, because our spirit man is what God is more concerned about than anything else - where we will spend eternity.

    Emotional healing is something I often must walk out daily by the help and direction of the Holy Spirit and by applying appropriate scriptures to my situation, and I am fully persuaded that God wills for me to be emotionally healed.
    I have every right also to trust God for Physical healing as well, but in addition I realize that most Christians die in their older age of some sort of sickness and/or disease who have not been martyred. It is not that it's God's highest will that they die of some sickness or disease; sickness and disease came because of sin in the world, and can also come simply because of poor nutritional habits and/or poisonous toxins built up in one's body. But, if God so chooses to usher me or a loved one into the glories of heaven through a sickness and/or disease for reasons we won't fully understand until we're on the other side, who am I to condemn myself, or others for it? It's easy to tell others they need to trust God for their physical healing, and quote them scriptures WHY, but let's see first how easy it is for ME to trust God for a physical healing when I desire it. I hope you understand what I'm trying to say here.
    There is another element in receiving physical healing from God that we can miss if we are not in tune to the Holy Spirit's counsel. In the more civilized world, so many Christians who are quick to claim their healing "by the stripes of Jesus I AM healed" may not be tapping into and appropriating James 1:5-6. Sometimes the only way we may receive our physical healing is to go to a good Nutritionalist and not just listen to that person's counsel, but obey it when you clearly believe the Holy Spirit is leading you this way for your healing.

    Refusing to obey James 5:14-16 may be another reason we don't receive our healing. We may be insulting God by trusting our medical doctor's counsel only to help us receive our healing. God uses "spiritual doctors" and He uses medical doctors, (and some of those medical doctors would rather you not even seek the counsel of a qualified Nutritionalist, by the way). We're to be sensitive to the Holy Spirit to know when to use both "spiritual doctors" and those in the medical profession (which includes nutritional specialists), and in what priority, when trusting God for physical healing. (1 Peter 2:24)

  • In Jesus Christ, I have been made alive in the Spirit. I Peter 3:18

  • The Spirit of glory and of God rests upon me because of who I am in Christ. I Peter 4:14

  • Through Jesus Christ, His divine power has granted to me everything pertaining to life and godliness, through the true knowledge of Him who called us by His own glory and excellence. 2 Peter 1:3

  • Through Jesus Christ, He has granted to me His precious and magnificent promises, in order that by them I might become a partaker of the divine nature, purposing to escape the corruption that is in the world by lust. 2 Peter 1:4

  • In and through Christ Jesus, I have been purified from my former sins. (Any future sins I commit, I appropriate 1 John 1:9 and strive diligently to obey Romans 8:13 as I am temped to sin after that, yet fully realize that no one living on this planet obtains a state of perfect sinlessness - for any length of time that is - prior to receiving their glorified bodies at the resurrection of the just). 2 Peter 1:9

  • If I confess my sins, He is faithful and just and will forgive me and purify me from all unrighteousness, but I realize that I'm also to repent of my sin(s), which means to diligently strive to stop committing that same sin(s) in the future. I John 1:9

  • In Jesus Christ, I am now a child of God. I John 3:2

  • Because I keep His commandments through the power of Jesus Christ and the Holy Spirit, for the glory of God, and do the things that are pleasing in His sight, whatever I ask, I receive from Him.

    As Christians, you and I have the privilege of claiming this promise. God wants us to be confident when we pray to Him, but experience will teach a Christian that you can quote all the scriptures you want, fast as long as you can, throw holy-ghost hissy-fits in your frustration if you feel you must ... yet God is not a "magical genie" that ever allowed one of His created beings to get their selfish way for very long, if at all, if they wanted God's blessings on their life. If anyone reading this has a "secret formula" for having God grant them their every request, please identify yourself! 1 John 3:22

No comments:

Post a Comment

English Old(Read) Testament Downloads

English(Read) New Testament Downloads

Telugu Old (Read) Testment

Telugu New Testment==Read only Download

Jesus Loves You!